Taking care of your candle
On the first burn ensure you burn your candle for 2 hours, allowing the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. This will create a clean and even burn - failure to do this will cause tunnelling which will reduce the burn time of your candle. Before each burn, remember to trim your wick (if required). There may be some wax irregularities (bubbling or unevenness) after burning which is completely normal and part of the natural burning process of soy wax.
Trimming the wick
Before lighting always trim the wick to 5mm and remove any wick debris this encourages an even burn, steady flame and limits sooting/mushrooming of the wick. We suggest trimming the wick every 4 hours of burn time. When wick trimming, you should always extinguish the flame and let the candle come to room temperature. Do this if the flame ever becomes too large.
- Never leave burning candles unattended
- Never go to sleep with a candle still burning, and never leave a burning candle or oil burner in a child’s bedroom.
- Never burn a candle for longer than four hours at a time. After the maximum recommended burn time, let it cool, trim the wick and relight.
- Keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Candle containers may become hot. Handle with care and wait for the wax to set and the candle to cool before moving. Never move a burning candle.